Review: "The Rich Jerk"
DotCom Secrets: The Underground Playbook for Growing Your Company Online
List Price: $19.95
The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and C...
List Price: $24.00
Launch: An Internet Millionaire's Secret Formula To Sell Almost Anything Onli...
List Price: $17.95
SEO 2017 Learn Search Engine Optimization With Smart Internet Marketing Strat...
List Price: $22.99
The Bottom Line
I found three of the chapters useful enough to justify the purchase of this eBook. Indeed, in less than a month with only minimal implementation of the ideas from the book, it has paid for itself, and looks like it may bring in more than twice what I'm making from AdSense. Even though much of the information did not interest me, the parts that did gave me some new ideas and motivated me to action, and it has paid off. I gave it three stars originally, and am considering raising it to four stars. It is certainly more than worth the purchase price (especially now that the price has been reduced).
- The author doesn't appear to have much in the way of scruples, so some of the information will be useless to an ethical individual.
- Some of the information should be used with care, lest the search engines catch and penalize you.
- The advanced marketer may not find much new information.
- Some of the information is passed over fairly quickly--the online marketing newbie may find those sections difficult to follow or apply.
- Despite the author's questionable ethics, most of the information can be applied ethically.
- The book does contain a few chapters of very useful information.
- The price is lower than most internet marketing eBooks.
- If you're not happy with the book, you have 45 days to get a full refund.
Chapter by Chapter CommentsMy favorite chapters' titles are displayed in red.
- Creating an affiliate Website that Sells like Crazy
After presenting a ranked list of the best affiliate networks to join, the author outlines a strategy for writing successful affiliates sales pitches. Despite the author's apparent lack of scruples, the information is good.
- Unique Search Engine PPC Strategies that Kill the Competition
The author presents a ranked list of pay per click networks, and then outlines a strategy for using them (in some cases more than one of them) profitably. Some of the ideas appear sound, others more questionable, but probably worth trying out. I'll add more comments when and if I try some of the suggested techniques.
- Search Engine Optimization Strategies (SEO)
This section covers some methods of getting links to your site, along with some very basic on-page SEO information. Then it goes black hat to talk about cloaking--a technique I recommend avoiding for ethical and practical reasons.
- Selling Your Own Informational Product
The opening section on creating your product doesn't really say much about creating your product, but overall, the chapter does provide some useful ideas for maximizing profitability if you're interested in selling a product like an eBook.
- Buying Wholesale and Selling on eBay®
This section covers six rules to keep you out of trouble if you want to get into wholesale buying, and then lists a number of sources of wholesale goods. I'll comment more if I ever decide to try it out--for now, this section wasn't of much interest to me.
- Websites you can make Profitable Right Now
Mostly repeats and elaborates on information from earlier sections.
- Other Online Ventures to Consider
Another section not of interest to me, so I have no comments on it.
- Supplemental Info for Beginners
Lists some website creation tools and discusses some of the material from earlier chapters at a more basic level. I'm not a beginner, so I barely skimmed this section. If you're new to internet marketing, it looks like it contains useful information to help you get up to speed on what it's all about.
- Quality Products/Services I Highly Recommend
This is a short list of programs and tools, most, if not all of which had been mentioned earlier.