SEO: Search Engine Optimization
Foundational principles of SEO success:
- Help the search engines accomplish their goals, and they will reward you with high search engine placement.
- Put your goals ahead of theirs, and they will spend millions to thwart your efforts.
- Their goal is to help their users find quality content.
SEO 2013. Learn SEO in 2013 the effective way. Search engine optimization str...
No matter who you are or what your background is, SEO 2013 will walk you through the SEO techniques I've used to rapidly grow countless businesses online, but first, le... (show more)
The New Digital Age: Reshaping the Future of People, Nations and Business
In an unparalleled collaboration, two leading global thinkers in technology and foreign affairs give us their widely anticipated, transformational vision of the future: a world where everyone is connected—a world full of challeng...(show more)
The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expand...
More than 100 pages of new, cutting-edge content.
Forget the old concept of retirement and the rest of the deferred-life plan–there is no need to wait and every reason not to, especially in unpredictable economic times. Whether y... (show more)
HTML and CSS: Design and Build Websites
A full-color introduction to the basics of HTML and CSS from the publishers of Wrox!
Every day, more and more people want to learn some HTML and CSS. Joining the professional web designers and programmers are new audiences who ne...(show more)
• Importance: A page's importance ("PageRank" in Google terms) is calculated based on the number of pages linking to it, and the importance of those pages. More links coming to a page increase it's importance, especially if those pages have lots of incoming links themselves.
• Relevance: This is a measure of how relevant a page is to a specific word or set of words. A highly relevant page will often come out on top of pages with significantly better PageRank. If this weren't the case, the pages with the best PageRank would come up at the top of every search for any word they contained, whether they were relevant or not!
This page and our weblog, SEO Secrets of the PageRank Masters, discuss techniques for improving both factors. Check back periodically for articles covering SEO and related internet marketing methods including:
Articles & tools:
- Two simple steps to higher search engine placement
- Using RSS to increase relevance and maximize freshness
- How to increase your PageRank by creating more web pages
- Keyword density analyzer